Monday, December 12, 2011

lost & found

Things that I have lost here in Spain:

1. One old Canon PowerShot complete with 4GM memory card. I hope the person who has it enjoys it.
2. One grey ambidextrous glove in Madrid.
3. Little pieces of my heart all over; some will stay with people and some will stay here in my favorite nooks  and crannies in Salamanca.
4. My fear of public transportation. (don't laugh city slickers)
5. Fear of travelling alone.
6. Fear of being in a whole new country where the people speak a different language.
7. My drinking-a-whole-glass-of-an-alcoholic-beverage virginity.
8. Occasionally my mind.
9. Stereotypes of Spaniards (at least most of them).
10. Countless hairs and skin cells that are now scattered all around Salamanca. (betcha didn't think about that one, didja?)

Things that I have found:

1. An acorn, a small jar of dirt, and a pinecone on el Camino de Santiago.
2. A vibrant and beautiful spiritual community that is living here from which I hope to take back home bits and pieces.
3. Beautiful, beautiful, people - a few of which I am very proud to call friends (from all over the world!).
4. New shoes.
5. A different perspective on everything from religion to sidewalk etiquette.
6. Another home and family away from home and family.
7. A different sense of independence.
8. That sometimes crosswalk lights really can be useful (Sarah & Brian I give you permission to laugh).
9. A desire to speak Spanish, lots and lots of Spanish.
10. A taste for mushrooms and salad dressing made mostly of olive oil.
11. A new appreciation for fútbol.
















And un montón of other things, but those are the ones that come immediately to mind.
4 days!?

No comments:

Post a Comment