Saturday, December 17, 2011

Home

This morning, after almost 11 glorious hours of sleep, I was awakened by a warm, wet sniffling sound next to my head and in quick succession the warm, wiggly, furry body at the other end of that sniffling leaping onto me and my bed! She's not yet fully grown, but even at about 30 pounds having this: 
Pauly
jumping all over you first thing in the morning is a little chocante. But, she decided it was time to get up and that was that. I've also been welcomed home by my first snow of the season! 




Upon leaving my room the first thing I heard was my mother say, "Oh no they're going to kill her cows!" I have no idea of the context or the meaning of this, all I know is it is good to be back home with my quirky family once again (my father also asked me randomly if they have microwaves in Spain...sigh). Also for breakfast I had a giant Crispin apple and toast with PEANUT BUTTER! (Allison if you're reading I know you will be really excited about this haha). 
     As a side note, besides the houses and highways some of the first things I recognized from the plane on the flight in were baseball fields and swimming pools, lots of them! Welcome to amurrica, errbody. Also my flight from Madrid to DC was filled with about 30 other students returning from studying abroad in Spain so we all had a good time chatting about our respective experiences. Of course most of them had been to la Noche Vieja in Salamanca so that was a little depressing to hear everyone talking about how incredible it was, but as is life. 
     During my layover in Dulles I stopped at an Auntie Anne's for dinner (great life choices?) and I had the hardest time understanding the woman. She was speaking English but I was still listening in Spanish and I had to keep asking her to repeat things. Finally when she was getting me my drink she asked me what I thought was "Quieres arreglar el dinero?" or something about the money because she had rung up the sale wrong, but after the 4th time repeating I realized she was asking "Strawberry or regular lemonade?" Woah, buddy. 
     Anyway, I'm safely HOME and about to enjoy leftover Thanksgiving dinner with my family. I hope all the study abroad kids had/are having a safe trip home (welcome home!) and the rest of you are enjoying your weekends! 


God bless :)

2 comments:

  1. Nochevieja was fun, but unless you have an affinity for overly-crowded completely drunken crazy people, you didn't miss much :)
    Yum yum on Auntie Anne's and peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. didn't you know, those are some of my favorite things!?
    or not, but i would have liked the chance to tempt death by swallowing 12 gominolas in 12 seconds...

    ReplyDelete