Thursday, September 1, 2011

¡Salamanca!

Well, about 20 hours, 10,016 miles, and several questionable airline meals later, I HAVE ARRIVED. It is no longer a dream, I am really (en actualidad) sitting in my bedroom in Salamanca, Spain. Whew! Unfortunately this is just going to be a very quick update as I forgot my laptop charger (I know, of all things!) and I don't want to use up too much battery before I know when/if I will be able to get a substitute. When I do get a charger I will of course be posting pictures and more about my journey here! Both flights went well and I didn't have much trouble finding the other IES students at the airport (after I figured out who was going to Madrid and who was going to Salamanca). My host family is wonderful, they are a married couple, with grown children of their own, who have been hosting students for IES for 30 years! Nati (my host mom) made us a delicious lunch of pasta with some kind of red sauce, salad, grilled chicken, and flan for dessert! Unfortunately I didn't have much of an appetite because of the time and all the plane food, but it was delicious nonetheless. Well, seeing as I have not showered since about 5:30am PA time on the 31st, I'm off to do that! Later I'm going to explore La Plaza Mayor with some of the other girls in the program.

Thank you for reading and I can't wait to be able to make my next entry!
¡Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment